HOUSTON, TEXAS – A young man was sadly killed earlier this week when he was electrocuted while treading through the floodwaters from Tropical Storm Harvey so he could care for his sister’s cat and provide fresh food.
Andrew Pasek was just traversing through the flood waters with a supply of food in Bear Creek Village last Tuesday August 29th 2017, when he “got too close to an electrical wire that was still running hot,” his sister Alyssa explained to KPRC Houston.
“It was just a terrible mistake, accident that shouldn’t have happened,” Alyssa Pasek stated. “They were going to wade in the water, they were only in about knee-deep water and walking through the neighbors’ yards because the water was more shallow.”
Andrew, who was simply going to check on his sister’s flooded home and leave food for her cat, warned his friend to stay away just as he was electrocuted.
“He told Sean [his friend], ‘I’m dying. Go away. Don’t help me…’” his mother, Jodell Pasek, stated to KPRC Houston.
The grieving mother, who had lost a son in 1993, noted that she wants others to be aware of the dangers lurking in floodwaters.
“He cannot die in vain. I mean we really want to get this out to the public to be aware, to know about the dangers of the water and electricity,” Jodell stated.
“I’m pulling my strength from the fact I’ve been through it once and I can get through it,” she went on to say.
Andrew Pasek tragically lost his life at the age of 25 while showing compassion and care for one of our felines friends during a time of need.