Reports to: Marketing Coordinator
Location: Bakersfield, CA
You can help save thousands of abandoned cats & kittens by joining our Marketing Team! That can be your actual job: taking pictures of cute cats and potentially making them internet famous. And not only that, but you can do it at one of the leading No-Kill Cat Shelters in Central California: MEOW co. CatCom.
Of course, marketing abandoned cats & kittens to help them find Foreverhomes is a lot of work! There’s campaign collaboration, photo editing, digital graphics, copywriting, Social Media management and much more. Many of these cats have come from heartbreaking backgrounds, and covering their stories can sometimes be an emotional rollercoaster. You’ll need to be communicative: asking questions as you get the hang of how things are done, and letting someone know if you have ideas for articles, photoshoots and design concepts. Being willing to help, happy to cooperate and easy to be around are all great qualities to bring to this position. We also need someone who can be warm and patient with kitties as well as work hand in hand with other staff & volunteers. But most of all, please bring your love of cats! Because while these precious felines look for families to call their own, you’re helping to provide their chance to find a forever home.
Position Summary: The Marketing Associate will work within a team setting to oversee the social media, print, digital, and email campaigns of the cats at MEOW co.
- Provide written plans for marketing campaigns which include: Emails, social media posts, site articles, print, and in store promotions.
- Maintain accurate, organized, up-to-date marketing profiles for all the cats in the organization (keep records in easily accessible and visible location).
- Work with Adoption Team to promote cats to potential adopters.
- Ambassador of the brand for all volunteers and visitors, promoting the MEOW co. mission and demonstrating the “specialness” that is the sanctuary.
- Working and interacting with interns and workshop attendees: assigning work, answering questions, and assisting with their needs.
- Display a willingness to learn by listening and asking questions.
- Relate to employees, volunteers, and visitors in a friendly, informative, and professional manner.
- Be attentive to others’ needs and willingly assist as required.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Identify improvement to tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience:
- Strong desire to work in saving abandoned cats & kittens. Previous experience working in a marketing setting with applicable experience preferred.
- Experience in interacting with the general public (customer service) preferred. Demonstrates approachability when dealing with the general public.
- Demonstrates ability to create and encourage a positive work environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, i.e., ability to develop positive relationships with others and demonstrate sensitivity to the thoughts, feelings and perspectives of others.
- Demonstrates personal accountability to ensure that all responsibilities are completed effectively and in a timely manner.
- Accurate, appropriate, clear and concise written and verbal communication skills. Strong listening skills.
- Basic computer skills necessary including checking and preparing e-mails, managing google calendar and google documents.
- Must be willing to volunteer weekends and holidays.
- Able and willing to professionally advocate MEOW co. position on issues.
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at MEOW co. MEOW co. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for volunteer opportunities without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.